Thursday, June 19th, 2008 | Anders | Poker Articles, Poker Bankroll Building, Poker Pro, Poker Projects
This article is a part of the Poker Bankroll Management series.
For those who haven’t heard of the Chris Ferguson Challenge – here is a short summary of his project. The Poker Pro player Chris Ferguson started his own mission – turn 0$ into 10.000$. This project was an exercise in bankroll management – with clear rules for his buy in strategy.
From the very beginning the project Ferguson set up some clear guidelines he strictly had to follow:
- Never buy into a cash-table or a Sit&Go with more than 5 percent of his total bankroll (with an exception for the lowest limits: it was allowed to buy into any game with a buy-in less than 2.50$).
- Never buy into a multi-table tournament for more than 2 percent of the bankroll to a minimum tournament buy in of 1$
- If at any time during a No-Limit or Pot-Limit cash-game session the money on the table represents more than 10 percent of the total bankroll, he must leave the game when the blinds reach him.
Starting with an account at Full Tilt Poker with a balance of 0$ Chris Ferguson had to play freerolls until he earned enough for a cash-table buy in.
Eventhough Ferguson is a pro it wasn’t easy for him to build up his bankroll. Especially at the low limit tables he had difficulties picking up momentum for the first 7 months.
You could be posting your articles on the Poker Bankroll Blog. Read all about it here.
Want to play poker? Read the in-depth BetUK Poker Review
- The Poker Bankroll Blog is for sale
- Meemooz is a great source of travel articles – Punta Cana in the Dominican Republic
- Cherish those special memories for life with a free online scrapbook
- Cherish your travel experience with a free online travel journal
- Free online journal – an easy way to share your thoughts
1 Comment to Chris Ferguson Challenge – bankroll management strategy
Leave a comment
Who’s winning and who’s losing
WE RECOMMEND THESE POKER TOOLS AND POKER SCHOOLS
WE RECOMMEND THESE POKER BONUS DEALS
|US players not allowed (at the moment)||100% sign-up bonus up to 600$. Click for more details|
|US players not allowed||The best sign-up bonus on the market. Click for more details|
|US players not allowed||33% rakeback combined with a 110% sign-up bonus. Click for more details|
|US players not allowed||10$ free, sign up bonus and 30-40% rakeback. Click for more details|
|US players allowed||Massive combined sign-up bonus and rakeback deal. Click for more details|